How to get your textbooks
- On www.cubookstore.com, log in (upper right-hand side of page) using Sign In With Your CU ID (single sign on)
- Under the Textbooks tab, choose the Order Textbooks dropdown. Start by entering the Term, the Department, and the Course Number. You can add multiple courses on this screen:
When you have the courses appearing in the "Current Course List," click "Begin Shopping" to see the books you'll need
- Click on each book cover to see the purchase options. In the example here, "A History of Ancient Mesopotamia" is available to Buy or Rent. Once you select an option, you'll be prompted to select if you would like a New, Used, or Digital purchase. After you select one, click "Add to Shopping Cart."
- To add another book, click on the next book cover in the list:
- My course requires a ‘No Text Required Option’. What is this?
- This is the professor letting us know they will not be requiring any textbooks for that class, as opposed to never telling us. You do not need to purchase anything from us!
- One is coming up, but I can’t checkout with it.
- If this is titled “Day 1 Digital Access”, then this content is delivered through the LMS (Canvas), and you do not need to purchase it on our site. Please refer to the Day 1 Digital Access section for more information.
- How do I know if I need each book?
- The books will say above each listing whether they are “Optional”, “Required”, or “Book Store Recommended”.
- What do I do if the course says select 1 of the following?
- This usually means you can choose between a physical copy, an access code, an eBook, or some combination of those.
- Pick the version you feel most comfortable with as each option will provide all the materials necessary for success. Some people are more familiar with physical copies whereas some people prefer a lighter load to carry around.
- Only select one of the options to avoid paying a heavy price for the same materials.
- Click the checkout button to the side and complete the process by selecting to either have your textbooks shipped to you or ready in In-Store Pickup.
If you would prefer to come in store, we can either grab the books for you (during select times such as the summer semester) or you will place an in-person order. In-person orders are an alternative to ordering online, will be ready within 24 hours, and will be charged to your tuition and fees bill.
The CU Book Store utilizes a flat rate shipping model. You will pay the following shipping amount, per order, based on these selections:
- Same-Day In-Store Pick-Up: Free
- 3-5 Day Delivery: $6.95 or Free for orders $75 or more
- 2 Day Delivery: $14.95
- 1 Day Delivery: $24.95
All shipping times are based on in-stock items and anything out of stock will take longer to process. Please note, Saturday and Sunday are not business days
- In-store pickup - Orders placed business days before 2:00 PM will be ready for pick up by 5:00 PM the same day. Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be ready for pick up by 12:00PM the next business day. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pick up.
- 3–5-day delivery - Orders will be delivered in 3-5 business days from the date ordered.
- 2-day delivery - Orders placed Monday-Friday before 2:00 PM will be delivered in 2 business days. Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be delivered in 3 business days.
- 1-day delivery - Orders placed Monday-Friday before 2:00 PM will be delivered the next business day. Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be delivered in 2 business days.
You have three options for purchasing your textbooks:
- Credit or Debit card
- CU Book Store Gift card
- Charge textbooks to your tuition and fees bill up to $1500 each semester
- Note: General merchandise cannot be charged to your tuition and you must be enrolled in classes the current semester to use this option