Undergraduate degree-seeking students are automatically enrolled in CU Book Access and do not need to order course materials. The instructions below pertain to graduate and continuing education students or those that have opted out of CU Book Access or wish to order optional materials.
How to get your textbooks
- On www.cubookstore.com, log in (upper right-hand side of page) using Sign In With Your CU ID (single sign on)
- Under the Textbooks tab, choose the Order Textbooks dropdown. Start by entering the Term, the Department, and the Course Number. You can add multiple courses on this screen:
When you have the courses appearing in the "Current Course List," click "Begin Shopping" to see the books you'll need.
- Click on each book cover to see the purchase options. In the example here, "A History of Ancient Mesopotamia" is available to Buy. Once you select an option, you'll be prompted to select if you would like a New, Used, or Digital purchase. After you select one, click "Add to Shopping Cart."
- To add another book, click on the next book cover in the list:
- My course requires a ‘No Text Required Option’. What is this?
- This is the professor letting us know they will not be requiring any textbooks for that class, as opposed to never telling us. You do not need to purchase anything from us!
- One is coming up, but I can’t checkout with it.
- If this is titled “Day 1 Digital Access”, then this content is delivered through the LMS (Canvas), and you do not need to purchase it on our site. Please refer to the Day 1 Digital Access section for more information.
- How do I know if I need each book?
- The books will say above each listing whether they are “Optional”, “Required”, or “Book Store Recommended”.
- What do I do if the course says select 1 of the following?
- This usually means you can choose between a physical copy, an access code, an eBook, or some combination of those.
- Pick the version you feel most comfortable with as each option will provide all the materials necessary for success. Some people are more familiar with physical copies whereas some people prefer a lighter load to carry around.
- Only select one of the options to avoid paying a heavy price for the same materials.
- Click the checkout button to the side and complete the process by selecting to either have your textbooks shipped to you or ready in In-Store Pick Up.
- Does the CU Book Store sell used textbooks?
- Yes! You can save money by purchasing used textbooks. These books may include highlighting or notes. After a textbook selection is made there will be an option to purchase the used edition if the textbook is available used.
- Note that the CU Book Store reserves the right to substitute new textbooks for used or used textbooks for new, depending on availability at the time the order is processed.
- If you are displeased with the condition you received, you have 48 hours to notify us and we may be able to get a replacement for you depending on the availability of the book.
You have three options for purchasing your textbooks:
- Credit or Debit card
- CU Book Store Gift card
- Charge textbooks to your tuition and fees bill up to $1500 each semester
- Note: General merchandise cannot be charged to your tuition and you must be enrolled in classes the current semester to use this option.
Remember to login first, and then