Sellback at the end of the semester is the best time to sell your textbooks. This is the period when the CU Book Store purchases used texts for the next semester, and you have the best opportunity to receive top dollar for your textbooks.
Money you receive from Sellback will be given to you in cash at the register.
Unfortunately, currently, we do not accept mailed-in textbooks for Sellback. Please contact us if you have sent in non-rented textbooks.
You can also sell your textbooks back any time year-round by taking them to the registers in the CU Book Store. Prices offered during this time tend to be lower than other Sellback periods. Additionally, fewer titles are typically purchased at this time.
If you want to check how much we are purchasing a book for you are welcome to give us a call. However, please note that these are approximations, textbook sellback prices change frequently and may be different when you come in store.
Please also note that we do not purchase iClickers or custom publications (such as lab manuals).
Textbook sellback prices depend on many factors such as:
- Whether or not the book is being used on campus next term
- If YES: The CU Book Store pays the highest prices for those books that are being used the following semester.
- If NO: Do not assume your book has little value. We examine every sold title every semester and try to buy that title back for as much money as we can based on market conditions. Additionally, we have a national wholesaler come in during sellback week.
- The condition of the book
- Whether or not there is a new edition of the book
- Course enrollment numbers
What to do if we aren’t buying your textbook?
Sometimes we cannot buy certain textbooks from you. In this case, you have a couple of options:
- Donate the book to us by dropping it in the donation bin in our store
- Try to sell the book to other students or another textbook purchasing company
- Keep the book for future use